In this seminar with Markov Chern, participants will learn to use concepts and methods of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture in their practice. Markov will be sharing ideas from what he learned in Nanjing (China) and relate it to what he has learned regarding anatomy, myofacial lines as well as diseases one would see at the clinic.
- Key Concepts of Chinese medicine and acupuncture and how it is used to map out the body in terms of points and lines.
- Key Channels and disorders they are suited to treating.
- Locating acupuncture points in relation to bones, muscles and nerves.
- The use of fire cupping in one’s practice.
Day 1 – Morning (4 hours):
- Concepts in Chinese Medicine: Yin-yang, Five-elements, 5 Organs & 6 Viscera
- Channels and acupuncture points: how they are mapped using concepts of Yin-yang, Five-elements, 5 Organs & 6 Viscera
Day 1 – Afternoon (4 hours):
- Using the Governor Channel and the Bladder channels for regulating the central and peripheral nervous system.
- Cupping therapy: Cupping basics, fire cupping, mobile cupping
Day 2 – Morning (4 hours):
- The Lung, Pericardium and Heart Channels: Understanding the use of Arm Yin Lines in the myofascial restrictions and dysfunction of organs in the pleural cavity.
Day 2 – Afternoon (4 hours):
- The Large Intestine, Triple Burner and Small intestine Channels: Using the Arm Yang Channels to treat myofascial restrictions and dysfunction in the arms, shoulders, neck and head.
- The Stomach and Gallbladder: Using the Leg Yang Channels to treat myofascial restrictions, headaches and digestive disorders.
Day 3 – Afternoon (4 hours):
- The Kidney, Spleen and Liver Channels: Using the Leg Yin Channels for treating visceral restrictions including the urogenital system, as well as psycho-emotional constitutional patterns.
Who will benefit?
- bodywork therapists
- energy worker